|Isle of Wight||Smithfield||Windsor|
|Machinery & Tools||$1.75/$100||$0.15/$100||$0.25/$100|
|Business Personal Property||$4.50/$100||$0.87/$100||$0.50/$100|
|Virginia||Isle of Wight|
|Sales & Use Tax
Additional Tax Information:
- Business Tangible Personal Property is assessed annually at 40% of original cost.
- Machinery and Tools is assessed annually at 40% of original installed cost.
- Lodging Tax is 5%.
- Meals Tax: 4% in Isle of Wight County; 6% in the Town of Windsor and 6.25% in the Town of Smithfield.
- Utility Consumer Tax (Electric): 20% of the minimum monthly charge imposed by the service provider plus the rate of $0.14776 on each kWh/month, not to exceed $200 (commercial/industrial consumers)
- Utility Consumer Tax (Gas): 20% of the minimum monthly charge imposed by the service provider plus the rate of $0.15716 on each CCF/month, not to exceed $200.
Key tax collection dates:
- March 1: Isle of Wight County business license taxes due
- April 15: Town of Smithfield and Town of Windsor business license tax due
- May 1: deadline for filing business personal property and/or machinery and tools report to County
- December 5 & June 5: first and second half of real estate tax due
- June 5 & December 5: first and second half of personal property tax due
For further information please visit the Isle of Wight County Commissioner of the Revenue website.