Isle of Wight County is proud to have a diverse mix of employers in established industries such as food processing, paper products and lumber, farm products, health care, and warehousing and distribution.
The Economic Development Department identified the following sectors as target industries for the County in the 2012 Economic Development Strategic Plan.
• Agriculture, Forestry, Fishing and Hunting
• Transportation and warehousing
• Construction industry
• Management of companies and enterprise
• Professional and technical services
• Finance and insurance
• Administrative and Waste Services
• Real Estate and Rental and Leasing
• Health care and social assistance
• Accommodation and food services
• Retail Trade